My Mac Pro is rejecting Adobe Creative Suite 4 Premium

Reaction score
I am trying to install Adobe Creative Suite 4 Design Premium (for Mac) to my Mac Pro (details below) and both installation discs are rejected after a few moments and spat out. I have an older PowerBook G4 which will read them as well as a PC.

Model Name: Mac Pro
Model Identifier: MacPro3,1
Processor Name: Quad-Core Intel Xeon
Processor Speed: 2.8 GHz
Number Of Processors: 2

System Version: Mac OS X 10.5.8 (9L31a)
Kernel Version: Darwin 9.8.0

Anyone with any knowledge would be most appreciated!
:confused:

Reaction score
Is there any error message given on the screen before the disks are rejected? I had a similar problem with another Adobe suite, but the problem was because of the limitation of how many installations you can have. I had to de-authorize another Mac before I could install one more copy.

Reaction score
Hi, thanks for taking the time to reply. I have now managed to install the software using an external hard drive - it seems that my Mac just didn't like one of the CDs (although it did accept it once, but the install did not complete)

To answer your question, no error message appeared. I did also remove all older Adobe material before installing which may have helped.

I remain confused and baffled but happy that I can finally use my new software.

Thanks again,

Geoff

Ask a Question