My mac mini wont bootup

Reaction score
I have a G4 mac mini 1.42Ghz. Up until about 2 hours ago it was working fine when I decided I would try to install a hacked version of front row for non intel macs (boy was that a wrong thing to do). The program directed me to reboot which I did, but now it would go into the Mac OS X starting up screen and the bar would move a little bit and then the window would go away and it hangs with a blue background and nothing else. I've tried everything on apple's website (it doesnt help that most of those articles say "for 10.3.9 or earliar" :mad:.

I put the install disc in there and have mashed my keyboard holding the C key but it does nothing. I've tried holding the shift key and the command s key....nothing. This stupid thing does nothing. Being a mac newb doesnt help either, I know how to fix this if it was a pc but have no clue with the mac.

HELP!!!!

Ric

Reaction score
Hi there and welcome !

Have you tried booting into Single User Mode, let us know if you can !

Reboot hold down the Command + s key...

If you get to a prompt let us know...

regards

Ric

Reaction score
Yes I tried the command + s key. I turn on the machine and after the chime I push and hold those 2 keys as hard as I can. Doesnt help that my CRT monitor takes forever to open up and when it does I still see the Apple logo and the timer thingy and it goes into the startup window and does the same thing.

But I was able to get the install disc out by holding the mouse button. Don't know why it wont respond to any keys on the keyboard!!!!!

Reaction score
found out the reason i couldnt get it to anything on boot up is because of my keyboard, somehow its too slow and doesnt get the signal to the mini in time. Tried a new keyboard and it went into the book disc and am doing a archive and install of OS X...lets hope this works

Ric

Reaction score
Hi there,

how did you get on ?

I hope you got everything working again...

regards

Ric

Reaction score
Yes I've learned not to use any hacked things for OS X. And my data is backed up on another computer that is not used for testing out hacks and mods.

Ask a Question