My MAC is OS X El Capitan Version: 10.11.6 The system is slow and I am experiencing various pop-ups that I do not know how to resolve.

Reaction score
Appreciate any help to resolve these issues, I am not very tech savvy -- Thank You

I can't attach the pop-ups as screen prints, here is what they state .

1- Error while installing ( Will show up when opening up system )
Expecting value: line 1 column1 (char0)

2- (CALENDER) The server responded with an error.
Access to account "Google" is not permitted.
The server responded.
"403"
to operation
CalDAVAcountRefreshQueableOperation.
BUTTON OPTION: "TRY AGAIN" "OK"

Non responsive to either nor force quit, resorting to pulling power plug.

3- Comes up frequently for no apparent reason. Requesting Apple ID.
"Apple wants to make changes. Type your password allow this"
Username:----
Password:-----
BUTTON OPTIONS: "CANCEL" "OK"

Reaction score
Can you boot into 'Safe Mode' ?

To boot your Mac in 'Safe Mode', press and hold the Shift key while it boots. You can stop holding the Shift key when you see an Apple logo and progress bar. To leave 'Safe Mode', just reboot your Mac without holding the Shift key.

Reaction score
Hi,

To add to Lufbrarunner's suggestion, I believe this to be a PUP. :(You can remove this malware manually but to save me writing a long post re the procedure have a look here at the second part of the article I found regarding Apple Mac', it's quite long winded. Also you could run Malwarebytes but am not sure it would find all the dropped files as it came with an installer on a program you might have downloaded.

https://www.cleanpcinfections.com/2...e-1-column-1-char-0-mac-malware-removal-guid/

Reaction score
Can you boot into 'Safe Mode' ?

To boot your Mac in 'Safe Mode', press and hold the Shift key while it boots. You can stop holding the Shift key when you see an Apple logo and progress bar. To leave 'Safe Mode', just reboot your Mac without holding the Shift key.
I am not clear on your instructions. Are you saying just to press and hold the "Shift Key" ? That does not seem to do anything. As I mentioned earlier, I know little to nothing about this. Thank you for taking the time. Rich

Reaction score
Hi,

To add to Lufbrarunner's suggestion, I believe this to be a PUP. :(You can remove this malware manually but to save me writing a long post re the procedure have a look here at the second part of the article I found regarding Apple Mac', it's quite long winded. Also you could run Malwarebytes but am not sure it would find all the dropped files as it came with an installer on a program you might have downloaded.

https://www.cleanpcinfections.com/2...e-1-column-1-char-0-mac-malware-removal-guid/
Thank you for your input. Is cleanpcinfections a reputable service provider? The "Malwarebytes" you mention, is this available through clean up infections ? This appears to be a service that will address at least one of my issues, maybe all of them. Appreciate your time -- Rich

Reaction score
I am not clear on your instructions. Are you saying just to press and hold the "Shift Key" ? That does not seem to do anything. As I mentioned earlier, I know little to nothing about this. Thank you for taking the time. Rich
Hold the shift key while you start the machine.
I'm confused. I am not having a issue with "booting up". So, why would I want to boot up in "safe mode" verse just regular boot up, by pushing the start button?
My issue is while the system is up and running, these various pop-ups show up. Specifically, the one relative to the CALENDAR, when it shows up, it lock up the system. I can't disengage it nor can I log-off or shut down the computer. Forcing me to put the power plug. When I restart the system, all is well as long as I don't go into the CALENDAR and add something ( and that's sporadic) sometimes its fine other times it acts up.

Reaction score
Booting into 'Safe Mode' means that the machine will boot with 'No Frills' just the bare necessities. This can help to isolate where the problem lies and save time too.
You could also try following oldscribe's advice, as this may solve at least one of your problems.

Ask a Question