My downloaded STL files become @user files

Reaction score
Hi there:) Usually when I download STL files, I transfer them from "downloads" in firefox to the appropriate folder. The last few times they have become @ user/ files. Dont understand what this is and why, and it prevents me from uploading the files to other sites as it is wrong format.
Any help would be greatly appreciated:)

Reaction score
First, what are STL files?

Secondly, what do you have set up in Firefox as the place where downloaded files wind up? Myself, I have it set (also in Google Chrome (my primary browser), Opera, and Safari) to /Users/myaccountname/downloads.

Reaction score
First, what are STL files?

Secondly, what do you have set up in Firefox as the place where downloaded files wind up? Myself, I have it set (also in Google Chrome (my primary browser), Opera, and Safari) to /Users/myaccountname/downloads.

Stl files are 3d objects typically from cad programs for 3d printing. Yes, I expressed myself a bit clumsy regarding the downloaded files. They go into the download folder, but I access these files through the arrow down in firefox and put them in my folders of choice.

Reaction score
The downloaded stl turns into this.
Skjermbilde 2017-04-23 kl. 19.53.55.png

I used to get a stl file like this:
Skjermbilde 2017-04-23 kl. 19.53.55.png
Skjermbilde 2017-04-23 kl. 19.54.05.png

Reaction score
Another possibility: what version of Firefox are you using? Version 53.0 came out last week.

Ask a Question