my cat zoomed my imac screen, help!

Reaction score
So I have an Imac (about a year old) with a 17" monitor and my cat was laying on the desk and hitting my keyboard. She layed on some keys and all of a sudden the screen zoomed in!

When I moved the mouse it would move the screen so that different parts were viewable.

I was able to stop it from doing that by going to System Preferences and selecting Displays then changing the resolutions but I can't find the one that my computer used to be!

If i choose 1024x768, which is the one i thought it used to be, it shows up Pillarboxed (two black bars on sides). The stretched version causes everything to (duh) stretch and I know that's not what it used to look like.

I chose the next one up 1152x720 but it still doesn't look right. It looks too zoomed in still. The text is kinda fuzzy and all the websites I open show up too large (like even if i resize the window, the website stays the same size and i gotta scroll more).

Does anyone know what the defaul settings are?? Or how i can return my settings to the default? This is so annoying! I know that the 1024x768 has the right size of buttons and looks right but its like still zoomed in somehow.

I even went to the universal access and it said that zoom was off. When i turned it on, it shows that it's at the smallest zoom (to the left). :( :( :(

Help??

Ask a Question