MS OneDrive App Won't Open

Reaction score
Two days ago, I helped a friend to set up OneDrive on her two Macs, an iMac and a MacBook Air. Initially, everything worked OK. Now, however, the OneDrive app will not open on either Mac. Can anyone suggest what to do about this?
Here's the full story.
My friend is running Yosemite on both computers. When we first set it up, everything worked well. We installed the OneDrive app on the desktop, set up the OneDrive folder and she moved several files into that folder. Then we installed the OneDrive app on the laptop, set up the OneDrive folder there and presto! - all the files she had put into OneDrive on the desktop now appeared in the OneDrive folder on the laptop.
Yesterday, she called me and said that a new file she had created (a new version of a file already in OneDrive) and put into the OneDrive folder on the desktop was not showing up on the laptop. Investigating this with her over the phone, we determined that the OneDrive app was not opening on either computer. If it wasn't open, no syncing would happen. The app is still apparently there in her applications folder, but clicking on it does nothing. By right-clicking on the app in the Applications folder, she was able to set some options (open on login, keep in Dock) and she rebooted the laptop. The app did not open automatically as it should have and clicking on it still would not start it.
Any suggestions?

Incidentally, I have been using Microsoft's OneDrive for some time now and it works well on several devices, including my Mac, so I know it does work on a Mac.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

In my experience, OneDrive is much buggier than Google Drive or Dropbox. Let me do a little research and see if I can find any solutions for the OneDrive issue and get back to you.

C

Ask a Question