SOLVED App for on-the-fly pitch and tempo shifting

bmc

Reaction score
I'm a Windows 10 refugee. I'm a music teacher and I need an app that can do both pitch and tempo shifting. On Windows I use Aimp3, but using this program with Crossover or even just vanilla Wine isn't ideal; it doesn't save my music library, fonts are barely legible, and sometimes the program just flat-out refuses to open and I have to reinstall it.

I'm looking for a native Mac app that has this kind of functionality, with simple tempo and pitch sliders that do on-the-fly decoding.

Attached - photo of Aimp3's DSP manager.

Thanks for any suggestions you can provide.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    19.3 KB · Views: 232

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

I am not aware of any Mac audio applications that have the same ease of use of those DSP functions. GarageBand can perform on-the-fly application of effects, but there is a slight learning curve. Audacity is another free Mac audio app, that can apply effects, but in a slightly different way.

I will let you know if I find any additional apps that may help you,

C

bmc

Reaction score
I have used Audacity and GarageBand but it's not quite the functionality I'm looking for.
After some research and trying a bunch of apps, I was able to get Foobar2000 working in vanilla Wine. It does the job.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Excellent...glad you found a solution.

Correct, neither Audacity or GarageBand are exactly like AIMP, but they can do similar things. There isn't anything on the Mac platform that is equivalent to AIMP.

Thanks for letting us know your solution,

C

Ask a Question