MP3 confusion

Reaction score
I loaded music from bought cd's on to itunes then burned a mp3 to a cd with about 130 song's to ply in my car cd player which is supposed to play mp3's but it won't play????? is there a deferance in "mac" mp3 format and "pc" format???? HELP PLEASE???:confused

Reaction score
Hello Uga487 and Welcome!

To answer your first question, an MP3 is an MP3 regardless if it is on a Mac or PC. It's a universal extension.

Now on to your Car's CD player. Make sure you go into iTunes, Then go to Preferences and select the Advanced Tab --> Click on the Burning Sub-Tab --> Make sure MP3 CD is selected. After that's done, make a playlist by going to File --> New Playlist. Put some tunes in it and then click the burn Disk on the bottom of iTunes. If you did these steps already, then I apologize for being redundant.

I would suggest to try burning another disk and see what happens. Sometimes, MP3 disks can be picky. They don't like to play on all MP3 enabled Car Stereos. If you are still having problems, try to find another CD brand.

I use Memorex disks which seem to be fine.

Let us know how it goes.

Cheerio
Searay

Reaction score
There is a difference between MP3 CD's and Audio CD's in iTunes.
A standard CD player won't play MP3 CD's but it will play Audio CD's of MP3's. So, if you're still having problems, instead of choosing the MP3 CD in the iTunes preferences, choose Audio CD instead. Unfortunately, if you choose Audio CD, you will definitely not get a hundred and thirty songs on your disc but at least you can enjoy listening to some tunes in your car. :)

Reaction score
There is a great piece of freeware called LiquidCD which I use for creating mp3 CDs rather than iTunes.

Open the app, click the Audio CD button and in the list box at the bottom change to MP3 CD. Drag your mp3s in and it should work fine...

J

Ask a Question