SOLVED Mouse jumps around in Pages

Reaction score
My mouse jumps around in Pages. Especially if I leave pages and come back, the mouse is lost and jumps to the top of the page, or to the top of the document. I posted this a couple of months ago with no success. But the problem is still there.

I have a Mac Mini. M1 chip 16 gb.Ventura 13.4.1, The latest version of Pages 13.0. I"m using a new magic mouse, and the new keyboard.
Example. I'm typing in a multi page document and scroll down a few lines to make a change. When I click on the mouse where I want to return to, it jumps clear back to top of the first page. If I leave pages and go to another App and return it does it also. The mouse just can't remember where it was anytime I move around. I'm using the new Apple blue tooth mouse. I switched to an old $10 mouse, it does it also. I switched to a USB mouse, it also skips around. So I don't think its the mouse. My screen is a 43 inch TV. I tried turning it off and using a ordinary Dell screen. still does it. I've clean the mouse's, restarted bluetooth, shut down completely etc.. Only in pages. If I put the file on my old iMac it works fine. Any ideas.

Thanks
Randy

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello,

It looks like your previous thread was marked as solved, but I re-read it, and don't see that it was.

I do notice that you are using ProWritingAid - I wonder if that could be part of what is causing the issue? Are you using their desktop application? If so, is it up to date and have you tried disabling it?

Also, are you using an Apple keyboard and mouse, or third-party?

C

Reaction score
Hello, and thank you. Your suggestion of turning off ProWritingAid has made a difference. With it off I can jump around in pages and Word with no problem, however Pages does like to jump to the top of the page sometimes. I was using the desktop version of ProWriting Aid. I'm a writer and I use it al the time. I'll try their app or contact them. Thanks, I'll end this thread.

Ask a Question