Mouse is misbehaving

Reaction score
What happened?

I normally use a Logitech mouse communicating wirelessly with a USB stub plugged into my mac. Now suddenly , although I can move the arrow with the mouse i cannot give commands (e.g. delete, open....etc.). It answers with 'open in new tab' or something like that etc. I can only use the touchpad to give commands with (and move the arrow) . And to send this mail!! Known problem?? Something wrong in the settings?

Who can help?

Thanks for your answers, Dirk

macOS Monterey 12.5.1 MBA M1 2020

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello,
  • Which model is the Logitech?
  • Does it have control software that you had to install?
I haven't used any Logitech mice personally, but it does sound like it may be a settings issue. It may be best to contact Logitech support directly, as they may be aware of that issue and have a quick fix.

C

Reaction score
Thanks Cory, It's a M185. I have also a Gembird mouse that works also via a(n other) USB stub. Problems are identical for both mice. The mice are obviously not guilty.
Somewhere I read that this kind of problem could be solved by closing screen of the mac a second and opening it again, a very quick gesture. It works with me (and you see the image move a bit). And for quite some agreably long time. Funny! Will we understand this some day?

Ask a Question