SOLVED Mouse behaving badly.

Reaction score
I am presently using an iMac retina 4K 21.5 inch late 2015 model and a magic (?) mouse. Whenever I scroll with my mouse it takes on a personality all its own. I slowly slide my finger along the mouse (in an effort to scroll) and the screen "jumps" rather than move slowly making it impossible to scan what is on the monitor. Is this an indicator that my mouse is on its last legs? Is there anything I can do to make my mouse behave?

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello,

First thing would be to make sure the mouse scroll surface is clean, your finger is dry, as any residue on the mouse can cause it to not scroll smoothly. Also, make sure it is fully charged.

You can also try deleting it from Bluetooth and re-adding it.

C

Reaction score
Cory,
Thanks, This condition may have been "operator error" - after a thorough cleaning of the mouse surface (along with my finger), the mouse appears to be behaving itself. If I have to do more, such as "deleting it from Bluetooth and re-adding it" - how would I go about accomplishing this? Thanks again.

Ask a Question