Missing Powerpoint hyperlinks

Reaction score
I've got a problem here. I have created a Powerpoint project (office 2004) and inside it I want to link to a Word file. I insert a hyperlink, name it accordingly, and when I play the presentation the link works. However, every time I close and reopen the project my hyperlink mysteriously disappears. I know have saved the project bacause it does not ask me to save, I have tried restarting the computer, I have ensured that the Word file is not open behind Powerpoint, and I have tried tears (sarcasm), but nothing has worked...help!

Ric

Reaction score
Hi there and welcome !

I'm sorry I currently don't have any Office products on my Mac so it's impossible for me to try and simulate what's happening !

The best I can come up with...

Make a copy of all the word files that you are going to link to...in the same folder as the Powerpoint project folder...

ie put all the files into the same folder, then create the links from those Docs, save it and try again.

regards

Ric

Ric

Reaction score
Hi there,

thanks, I'm glad we got it working for you.

regards

Ric

Ask a Question