Missing folders

Reaction score
This is actually my sister's problem, not mine.
She has a MacBook OS 10.5.2 with 2GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM memory
A few days ago, all the files and folders on her desktop, except one, disappeared. They're not in the trash can, and searching for them through spotlight proved fruitless.
My sister had had Quicken open, and accidentally added a blank transaction. She tried deleting it by selecting it and hitting command D, then when that did not work, command delete. After this, she became frustrated, and quit Quicken, to find the folders on her desktop gone. I don't know how that would have affected her desktop, but its the last thing she did before she noticed the missing files. I tried using the help feature but found no useful information.
Any help on the matter would be appreciated.

Ric

Reaction score
Hi there and welcome,

it sounds as though she has deleted them...

Maybe the Quicken window was open but the Finder was activated. Then she did a command + a then hit command + delete....

Computer's (especially Mac's) don't delete files on their own ;-)

Unless you have something like DataRescue ll, I'm afraid if they did go in the trash and were deleted then they are gone...

Has she got TimeMachine activated ?

regards

Ric

Reaction score
It's a long shot but another thing that you can try is relaunching the Finder.

Ask a Question