Mirroring iTunes playlist folder and playlists from External to internal

RistrettoEspresso

Reaction score
Hi everyone, long time lurker here first time poster. I am a DJ and am fooling around with Automator but am having trouble properly setting up a specific script.
I keep all of my music on an external HD and organize within iTunes. I have a Playlist folder with about 20 playlists within that folder that is essentially my "Dj Library."

I want to have a script that every time I drag any item to any one of the playlists within the playlist folder (in iTunes,) have that song duplicated on to my internal hard drive within a matching Folder name and Subfolder (playlist) name.

If I were to remove anything from any of these playlists within iTunes, I would want to same file to be removed from the mirrored folder and subfolder within my internal HD.

This way, I can do all my management of music at my desk within itunes and my external, but when I am DJing, I dont need to have my external hard drive with me and I can do everything with my internal HD.

Any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks a million

Ad

Advertisements

Kaveman

Reaction score
There is nothing that can do this automatically. Scripting doesn't give you callbacks.

You could use a too like dittoGUI to mirror your Library, but its going to take a lot of time.

I have Carbon Copy Cloner setup to mirror my whole media drive every Wednesday night so I can always go back to then.

Ask a Question