Microsoft Mouse Settings Need to be Configured on Restart

Reaction score
Next issue!

I've had this issue ever since I got my MacBook Air. I got the Microsoft Mouse (6000) because I liked that it had extra buttons, and I wasn't sure about a Magic Mouse just yet as I was new to OSX. Well, that was a big mistake because Microsoft really doesn't play nicely with OSX (should've seen that coming!)

Every time I power up my MacBook Air, I have to go to System Preferences > Microsoft Mouse > Pointer Options; and even though the settings are already configured properly, I have to click the other option to reset them. So I click "System Mouse Tracking", then click "Intellipoint Mouse Tracking," and then I have to configure the sensitivity again (drag it up to high speed - which is also annoying as the mouse is going so slow in doing so.)

If I don't do this, the mouse is a jerky mess that is quite frankly impossible to use in a professional manner (I am a graphic / web designer.) It's got some kind of weird accelerated movement? Where if I move it fast it goes too far, and if I move it slow it barely moves at all. It's just terrible.

Please tell me someone has a solution for this!

Thank you in advance.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-12-17 at 9.53.20 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2013-12-17 at 9.53.20 AM.png
    89.3 KB · Views: 309
Reaction score
Hi,

Please tell me someone has a solution for this!

I take it that you have downloaded the latest intellipoint software and drivers?

Personally I would ditch the MS mouse and get a Apple Magic Mouse, it is very intuitive and reacts instantaneously to your finger combinations.

Ask a Question