Microsoft keyboard on a Mac

Reaction score
Hi all,
I'm a new member, and I'm new to Mac, so I'm on the learning curve. I'd like to get some held setting up a Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000. Specifically, I want to configure the HOME and END keys to move to the beginning and end of a sentence, as they do with a PC. A search online turned up a program called DoubleCommand, which is supposed to support windows style HOME and END keys, it doesn't seem to do anything, and there doesn't appear to be any real documentation with the program, so...
I'm aware that I can use the control + arrow keys to get to the beginning and end of a sentence, but reaching for the END key is second nature and I just can't seem to break the habit. So, is it possible to do what I'm trying to do?
Thank you,
Vince
edit: forgot to mention this is a Mac Mini running Sierra 10.12.6

Last edited:

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

I am not familiar with DoubleCommand. But, the key combinations to perform those actions are:

Home (beginning of sentence): Command + Left Arrow
End (end of sentence): Command + Right Arrow

C

Reaction score
Thank you, Cory.
As i said, though, I'm having trouble breaking the habit of reaching for the END key, and in fact, I really don't want to, because I'm still using a PC most of the time. I really need a way to get the Mac to recognize the HOME and END keys...
Thank you again,
Vince

Ask a Question