Memory storage Macbook Pro late 2013

Reaction score
I have a very good Macbook Pro from around late 2013. 13 inch. It has 250 GB storage. Can this be increased?
If so, how is it done and what would be approx cost?
I am based in London, UK.

Thanks for any feedback.

Reaction score
Price depends on size of new Hard drive and whether you decide to install a SATA or SSD disk. SSD disks are faster but a lot more expensive. (A 240Gb SSD drive costs approx. £80, for a 1Tb disk you can pay anything upward of £200). You will need to clone your old HDD to your new HDD and you'll probably need an external enclosure to clone disks.

Reaction score
The primary consideration is what you need the extra space for. If your current internal drive/SSD is almost full, what types of files are making it full? Myself, I do not have many photos on either of my Macs (a late 2012 Mac Mini with a 256 gig SSD, and a mid 2913 13" MacBook Air with a 252 gig SSD). I also don't have a "ton" of music on either one, and also not many "data" files (Word documents, Excel spreadsheets, etc.). I do have quite a few movies and TV series, but I have them on an external SSD, and that suits my purposes fine. I also have quite a lot of other "stuff" on my external SSD, but accessing such information from my machine works well.

So, if the need for the extra space is "only" for photos/music/"documents", etc., an external HDD could be the way to go. You would then need to decide on 1)the capacity of the drive, 2) its rotational speed, and 3) the connecting interface. Any/all of those will influence the speed at which you are accessing the information and writing to that drive.

Last edited:

Ask a Question