Memory card apparently ejects

Reaction score
I have a 128 GB memory card plugged into a MOKIN adapter that is plugged into my 24" M1 iMac. Every once in a while I get a pop-up window saying:

DISK NOT EJECTED PROPERLY Eject “Ritz 128” before disconnecting or turning it off.

I close the window and open finder and finder shows that card is connected.

What is going on here?

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hi,

-Which model is the MOKiN?
-Which brand/model/type is the 128 GB memory card?
-Are there a lot of otters devices connected to the MOKiN that could be drawing too much power?

C

Reaction score
The Mokin model is ZM1822 USB C 14 in 1 Adapter (I hate how tiny the type is in instructions nowadays).
The memory card is an "Extreme Performance High Speed UHS-I SDXC 128GB SD Card 90/60 MB/S U3 A1 Class-10 V30 Memory Card Designed for SD Devices That can Capture Full HD, 3D, and 4K Video as Well as raw Photography"

This morning I got that same message, except finder didn't show the card, with nothing else plugged into the adapter.

I just switched from one USB plug to another. (I could switch to Thunderbolt as I don't yet have any Thunderbolt accessories). My M1 iMac has 4 plugs.

Last edited:

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
OK, thanks.

I hadn't heard of MOKiN until your post.Seems as it is designed more for Windows device than Macs, but does show Mac in the description.

It may be an incompatibility with the M1 chip. But, I have seen this issue occur when either the connector is loose/failing, or the current draw is too high.

Maybe try another USB-C port?

C

Reaction score
Hmm, last night my M1 iMac was asleep when I got this:

eject.png

Neither of these disks go through my adaptor. (The BRAZEECARD is a USB card plugged into the Seagate backup drive, and the Seagate backup drive is plugged directly in my iMac)

Ask a Question