MBP 10.4/10.6 install issues

Reaction score
Hi all-

I had a hard drive failure last week that I traced back to a software issue. When the drive was examined in disk utility as well as using disk warrior it was/is fine. I erased, reformatted, repartitioned, and attempted to install Tiger. The installation completes, but then the next screen is either gray or blue and just hangs there. To clarify, the first attempted install was a complete version installed from a backup usb hard drive and when the machine called for the disc two I inserted the disk and it completed from there. Once it read "installation complete" I clicked ok and the screen turned blue like it was going to boot but it never did; it just stayed blue with a mouse cursor that I could move but that was it. It stayed like that for about 10-15 mins until I was forced to shut it down. I held option to boot from another drive to run disk utility and disk warrior again and noticed that while doing so, the drive I attempted to install to had changed it's name to "EFI Boot."

I erased again, repartitioned, and attempted an installation of a total barebones version of 10.4 which again worked fine until it said "installation complete," I clicked "ok" and then the screen went gray and hung there for another 10-15 minutes.

Can anyone recommend something I can do to fix this and get this operating system back on there?

Thanks-
bsm

Ask a Question