Mavericks and connecting to wireless networks.

Reaction score
Wondering is others are experiencing similar issues.

Situation:

My work area has multiple wireless networks and I connect to different ones based on the work that I am doing. There is no channel overlap, so signals from all networks are healthy and functional.

Issue:

Since upgrading to Mavericks, I have noticed that to switch networks, I literally have to turn the Wi-Fi off and back on for the OS to see the 'other networks'. It appears that once connected, the radio latches on to it and does not try to look for other signals. I have also tried the 'join other networks' option, in my case, the list shows up empty, if I manually enter the SSID, I get a message that the 'Network doesn't exist'. If I switch Wi-Fi off and on, the networks will show up and I can pick the one I want and proceed.

Any thoughts/suggestions as to what might be going on.

Thanks.

Reaction score
Hi,

I have also tried the 'join other networks' option, in my case, the list shows up empty,

This is most odd, as when I do a search it lists all networks close by as screen shot. Do you have bluetooth on

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-10-29 at 15.54.22.png
    Screen Shot 2013-10-29 at 15.54.22.png
    53.1 KB · Views: 326
Reaction score
It is sporadic. Well, happens more often than not.

See attached document with screen shots. The first two were taken within seconds of each other, the third after I turned the Wifi off and then on.

@Kaveman - reporting to apple would be the next step. Wanted to check and see if others were noticing similar issues.
@oldscribe - the screenshots were taken without any bluetooth devices connected. Bluetooth in ON though.

Attachments

• screenshot 1.jpg
    screenshot 1.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 347
  • screenshot 2.jpg
    screenshot 2.jpg
    14.7 KB · Views: 306
  • screenshot 3.jpg
    screenshot 3.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 337
Reaction score
in progress ... :)

Do you think that BT and WiFi are interfering with each other .. ?

Will post my findings later today.

Reaction score
The problem still exists. BT on or off does not affect the situation.

Any other ideas.

Reaction score
Hi,

No Bluetooth was my only thought, defiantly follow Kavemans instructions.

Ask a Question