Making a port clever for seeding: MBP with old Airport Extreme base

Reaction score
I'm having some trouble getting some (legal) torrents to seed. I can download them properly, but afterwards, I try to seed the torrents and I'm unable to connect with any peers.

I have set up a static IP, and forwarded a port (49152) to use with bit torrent program, but am still not getting results.

My friend recommended the following advice:

1 - Go under the "Internet" tab and click on the DHCP tab.
2 - set the DHCP range as 10.0.1.x
3 - set the DHCP beginning address as 10.0.1.2
4 - set the DHCP endin address as 10.0.1.200
5 - click the plus sign under the DHCP Reservations window
6 - give the computer a description (y Laptop)
7 - Reserve address by Mac address (your airport ID under Sys Pref>Network >Airport)
8 - pick an IPv4 address (let's do 10.0.1.3)

that should give you the 10.0.1.3 local IP every time you log on to the router.

- Go to the Advanced tab in the Airport Utility
- click the port mapping tab
- click the plus button to add a new rule
- put "49152" in all the ports (or whatever you've specified your listening port to be in Azureus or whatever torrent client you're using)
- put 10.0.1.3 as the private IP address (or whatever IPv4 address you used in step 8 above)

update/restart the router (and make sure your listening port on the torrent client is the same as the port you just forwarded) and you should be good

The problem is that I'm using the older Airport Extreme base, and there's no DHCP reservations window! Can anyone help? Thank you.

Ask a Question