Mail keeps quitting

Reaction score
When I run mail, it quits after a few minutes. I cant think of anything i did to the computer before this happened, except to install the Pro version of Limewire. ( since uninstalled)
Now, i can send and receive mail perfectly from 3 accounts ( always had these) but it quits after a few minutes.
Is there anyway I can fault Mail or would a reinstall help.
I have mail running on a new account and its fine.
I have Safari 3.1.2, i know Safari beta 4 causes problems, but i didnt install it.
Any ideas?
I have an Intel iMac ( 2.16) running a fully updated version of leopard

Allan

Reaction score
Allan,

Have you tried to run Disk Utility and repair permissions to see if that helps? It might even be better to re-boot from the installation disk and run Disk Utility from the disk. Also do a Verify Disk. See if any errors or repairs are needed. Sometimes just a regular maintenance routine can clear some problems.

Reaction score
Yes, i`ve verified and repaired using disk utility. I also have Onyx and have run the auto maintenance scripts and everything else it does!
I havent tried re booting and using the installation disc though. i will give it a go now.

Thanks
Allan

Reaction score
Well, I sorted it. I did a complete reinstall of Leopard. Updated all the software and as i was installing a couple of programms, the superdrive started playing up, eventually stopping altogether. Mail worked fine!
My solution?
Went to Apple in Bluewater and bought a new 20" 2.66ghz iMac :D

Now Safari has started quitting after the update to 3.2 :confused:.

Sometimes it feels like i am running Windows again!!!!

Allan

Reaction score
Removed Acidsearch and all if fine, apart from now the default Google search is US orientated, which is why i used Acidsearch before.
When will Apple realise we dont all live in the USA?
Allan

Ask a Question