Mail... incoming spinning wheel

Reaction score
Its a small matter, i know, but the little spikey wheel that shows incoming mail is on the way is no longer "spinning", it is there but is static. i would prefer it to be active. Can i bring it back and why did it change? Tiger 10.4.11 :confused:

Reaction score
Thanks for answer. I will log out as you suggest, i'm just delaying it as i'm on auto log in for most of my things and i've become used to not having to think about it. I presume you mean for me to log out in general, i don't think there is a log out just for mail?

Reaction score
Yes, it just sounds like that widget has got confused a logout and back will load a fresh copy and all should be good.

Reaction score
Brilliant. Fixed. Thought it would log me out of my auto log ins but it didn't and the little wheel is now spinning again. I don't know why a shut down or log out causes some icons to disappear from the desktop e.g google notifier and a Solitaire download. i have to go into Finder and double click them to restore to desktop.

Ask a Question