mail 2.1 question

Reaction score
i am having a problem using mail 2.1. when i receive messages, the bar at the top of the received message (the one that says who the e-mail is from, allows you to download attachments, etc.) has disappeared! this is quite the problem, since i am a publisher and rely on attachments to get my publications out! any help would be greatly appreciated!

Ric

Reaction score
Hi there and welcome !

Try and 'control click' on one of the headers...then in the drop down meny reselect 'From'

mail-from.jpg

Hope that helps.

regards

Ric

Reaction score
thanks for the help ric, but that doesn't seem to work.
the problem is that i only get the bar i'm looking for when there are no attachments. i need the one that goes directly above the text that shows who it's from, who it's to, when it was sent, and allows you to download attachments. any other suggestions?

Ric

Reaction score
Hi there,

I'm not sure exactly what you mean ?

Can you attach a screen grab ?

regards

Ric

Reaction score
Hello Dainer44!

I think I understand what is going on. Did you try repairing disk permissions? Go to Applications --> Utilities --> Disk Utility --> click on repair permissions. Then restart your computer. That may solve your problem. Let us know how it goes for you. Also, let me know if what I explain below is accurate to your problem.

Ric, I think what is going on here is that when someone sends him an email with an attachment attached, the header of the email doesn't show up. The header shows up if he receives an email without an attachment. I have attached a picture with the email header included. As you can see in my pic, the header of the email showed up just fine. You can see who it's from, sent to, the attached "save" button, and time & date sent. So when someone sends him an email with an attachment, he can't see that. I hope that helps clarify things for you.

email-problem-001.png

Reaction score
hi, I was trying to hook up my hotmail account to mail 2.1 and I need "Incoming male server" and the Outgoing server... If you can help me I'd be very thankfull!! thanks

K:cool:

Reaction score
Hello Kikito1515 and Welcome!

Hotmail is a proprietary email accounts for Microsoft. If you want to open/see your hotmail email in a email client, you are going to need Entourage (comes with MS Office). Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Searay

Reaction score
Hello again!

Check this app out. It is called httpmail. It is a great little plugin for mail.app that can let the mail.app to receive your INCOMING mail ONLY! You CANNOT send mail out through your hotmail account through this plugin. Here is a link. If anyone else wants to jump in with other suggestions, please do so!

httpmail

Reaction score
No problem!!

I hope it works good for you! Some people have reported problems with it!

Good luck!

Ask a Question