Multiple Hotmail accounts - Elementary question

Reaction score
Elementary but you might save me some time.

What I want to do is: I have a Hotmail account. Or maybe it is correct to say I have a Hotmail address* : (e-mail address removed)
Too much arrives there. I don't delete a lot because some of it has 4% chance of being useful later. I just want to have several variant addresses keeping (e-mail address removed) for important stuff.
And then have a few other mailboxes or should I say addresses such as

(e-mail address removed)
(e-mail address removed)

etc.

I went to Mailbox, New Mailbox and got this:

Enter name for new local mailbox to be created at the top level of the “On My Mac” section.(

o_OCan somebody translate these terms into English? Or not even, just tell me if this is what I want to according to what I have explained.:)

*or so I think and I think this means I have an Outlook account and I have a Microsoft account – does anyone begin to see why Aunt Ethel and I are still not at ease with computers?).

Reaction score
I mean it looks like this
https://support.office.com/en-gb/ar...-for-Mac-c8fde328-de0d-4579-abc4-564cc8922f71
is the sort of thing I want to do, would be helpful, good enough instead of new addresses for the time being. All new messages from fantastictrips.com would go automatically to a folder traveloffers by specifying a rule.

But WHERE ARE these things they talk about!??! WHERE IS this Home Tab, Rules etc?:confused: headbang
"On the Home tab, click Rules, and then click Move Messages from (sender's name) or Move Messages to (recipient's name)." I cannot see any such things on my email

Reaction score
Now I have seen YouTube demonstration at

The bar at the top of the emails is completely different from mine which doesn't have most of those things.

What should I do? Somebody? I'm using out of date version? It worked for all my needs till now.

Ask a Question