Time Machine Back Up Question... MAIL Settings)

Reaction score
I have been have setting issues with MAIL account settings and MAIL preferences. Changed some settings and the Mail Account settings will not let me in to my ISP....Comcast/Xfinity. And my MAIL preferences are all messed up too.

System Preferences.... Internet Accounts..... will not let me create a "Mail Account" now. I filled it in as my e-mail address and my Comcast password. "This account already exists" Until I get this fixed I will not be able to access my MAIL preferences.

Here is a thought... All of my changes have happened in the last couple of days. What about going back till Wednesday (when everything was working) and using my TIME MACHINE back up to reinstall the preferences/ settings files for the INTERNET ACCOUNT and MAIL and get this back to where I was on Wednesday?

I have given you some current screen shots below to explain....

Questions:

1. What files in the Library or System would I need to reinstall to get my information back in both the INTERNET ACCOUNTS and MAIL preferences?
2. System Preferences...... Internet Accounts
3. Comcast MAIL ACCOUNT
5. Should be a Comcast IMAP or SMTP Outgoing Server
7. How do you know what PORT to fill in here?

My frustration here is that Comcast/Xfinity will NOT give Technical Support to 3rd party Mail Clients (MAC MAIL) Only their MAIL client.! So I'm kinda hosed up here on this work station using MAIL.

Any thought where those preferences/settings would be? If I knew what files to pull from my Time Machine Back Up maybe I could reinstall them and get back to where I was the last Wednesday... then go on from there.

I would appreciate your help!

Reesche

Attachments

• 1 HD Info.jpg
    1 HD Info.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 253
  • 2 System Preferances 1.png
    2 System Preferances 1.png
    99.7 KB · Views: 293
  • 3 Mail Account 1.png
    3 Mail Account 1.png
    60.6 KB · Views: 292