MacBookPro Wifi Timeout Problem

Reaction score
Hello everybody,

I have a problem with my wifi connection.
I always use the same connection, my house's ISP.

I often have troubles after a system stop or other times, just casually.
I cannot connect again to my wireless network.
When this happens I have to reboot or to logout to be able to connect again.

Airport detects my connection and the signal strength is good.

In the Console I get this error:

Sender PID: airportd [3823]

I don't think it is a router problem, because all my Windows computers on the same network have never experienced such a problem.
Neither I think it is a signal problem. I am in the same room of the router (2 meters from my laptop with no barriers) and the router has a 5dB antenna.
I also have a cordless phone in the same room but I intentionally bought a cordless with a 1,910 –1,920 GHz deck designed for no interference with wireless networks and in any case no other computer is experiencing the same problem.

I tried to delete the connection settings and all my network settings from network system preferences and set it again but didn't work.

I had a look in the router settings but I didn't find something about Timeout (at least as far as I know)

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance,

Fabio

Useful information:

MacBookPro
Intel Core Duo 2 GHz
RAM 2GB
Mac OSX 10.6.8

Router
TP-LINK
TD-W8901G

Tech-specs here:
http://www.intelbras.com.br/Produtos/Telecomunicacoes/Telefones-Sem-Fio/Com-ID/Intelbras-TS-40-ID

Reaction score
Network problems are almost impossible to diagnose remotely.

Start by removing all other devices from the network, don't forget Printers and network Drives and plug the Mac in via Ethernet.
Mac > Router > Internet, do you get a known good?
Now check the Mac on the Wireless.
Note that Windows is not OSX there are many Router settings that are propriety to Windows if any of those is turned on the Mac will always have trouble.
Change your Router Settings until the Mac has a stable WiFi connection. Turning off propriety settings. It is far more likely it is this than a problem with the Mac, and a Windows computers connecting with "No Problem" points to it being in the router settings.

Ask a Question