The extension cord for my MacBookPro

Reaction score
I don't know what's wrong with my cord?? With extension cord attached, the white box gets very hot. Any suggestions?? I don't think it's norma. Thank you!

Spawn_Dooley

Reaction score
I have to ask, how hot is very hot? Does the white box burn your hand if you hold it? When the MacBook Pro is fully charged does the white box cool down any? You might need a replacement. Are you near an Apple Store?

Reaction score
Hi OP,

Most plugs no matter what they are charging get warm, as SD said how warm also how old is the charger?

Reaction score
I have to ask, how hot is very hot? Does the white box burn your hand if you hold it? When the MacBook Pro is fully charged does the white box cool down any? You might need a replacement. Are you near an Apple Store?
Yes, I was really tired & fell asleep, I woke up a couple hours later with a huge burn on my hand. It does cool some when it gets to full charge and/or I unplug it (haha). Do you think I need a new cord that plugs into the computer and/or the extension cord?? Thank you so much for your help.

Reaction score
(Cont.) Sorry, no, not near anything, I live in the sticks! haha I can make it if I have to.

Reaction score
Hi,

I woke up a couple hours later with a huge burn on my hand.

Defiantly does not sound good. :(4 years use could see it degrading, so and this is my personal opinion if I were you invest in new charger and lead.

No matter what stage of charging a transformer is at you should be able to comfortably hold it in your hand:).

Ask a Question