macbookpro not bootin Again!!!!!!!

Reaction score
I have tried some fixes from the forum regarding blue screen and no boot up on my macbookpro, I downloading an Itunes update when it was working and it crashed and will not boot:0/ I get the bong sound and the greyapple screen with the circular cursor on the screen but it goes no further Iv let it run for at least 20 minutes like this once but it still did not boot. I have tried this
You can start up the Mac and hold down the command + s keys...untill you get to a "prompt"

Then type

/sbin/fsck -fy

then press return

This will manually run FSCK...then once it has finished (it may take a while) type

reboot
and press return.
Your Mac should now boot up successfully.

the /sbin/fsck -fy worked and said the system was ok but upon booting i still cannot get any further than the apple logo with the cursor. CAN ANYONE HELP ANY FURTHER?

Reaction score
If i run the app again but type exit then hit return instead of /sbin/fsck -fy i get a load of info, ie matching service account =1
local host directory service 43 launched version 5.2
local host directory service 43 WARNING ds Touch;file was asked to be opened (library/preferences/directory/service/.DSIsRunning)file exists,display;family specific matching fails
previous shutdown cause 3
at_obdev_kuc: error opening/mach:2
at_obdev_kuc: task hook not found
at_obdev_kuc: mtt not found
local host kextd (59):kld_load_from_memeory)( failed for module system/library/extensions/IO80211Family.kext/contents/plugins/airportAtheros5424.kext
local host configd(45): error no interface name Airport_athr5424ab
local host configd(45): error iopublisheddrivercallback() failed to initdevicefromservice()
airport_athr5424ab
bootstrap_look_up_per_user failure
warning sandbox_init error canot apply profile warning the sandbox rule.... connection refused

Ask a Question