MacBook!!

Reaction score
My Mac started playing on me. While typing the cursor would jump randomly from one place to another and typing became a nightmare! Portions of the document would erase, and the para would become jumbled up. Then, the Mac would just shut down randomly. It could be after one minute or after hours - there was no pattern.

After a month of wracking my head and asked Mac reps for help, we noticed that the otherwise operationally flawless battery had 'swollen up' to almost twice its thickness! Removing the battery resolved all the problems. The battery had been 'pushing' on the underside of the Trackpad and surrounding areas and causing the problem.

Question: Besides swelling up, the battery also had a linear crack on its side and traces of liquid were visible at this place. This could be dangerous. wonder if the battery would have exploded! Shouldn't Mac place a warning on this occurrence? Or offer a solution? Perhaps consider a battery recall and replacement? do something about it?

The local Mac rep says that all these things are offered only in the USA/UK and Europe/Japan/Australia, etc. - not in Pakistan. Would Mac like to comment?

Thank you.
Arif

Ask a Question