Macbook unable to access some websites.

Reaction score
Hi i hope this post is in the right subforum.

So my problem is my computer is seemingly unable to access certain websites.
I don't think its a browser issue as the same websites are unavailable to me on all three browser is try to use: Chrome, firefox and safari.
The first website this happened on was the guardian, i read that sometimes their ban-hammer over extends its reach and i thought perhaps they were blocking my IP or something.
However now i cannot connect to jstor and it reads the same message:

Oops! Google Chrome could not connect to www.jstor.org
Try reloading: www.jstor.org

Jstor is perhaps my prime research source so i need to access this website i have tried accessing it through a vpn but Jstor blocks that kind of access.

This problem only arose say 4 months ago and before that i could access this websites fine.
Has anyone heard of such problems before, know how to deal with them?
I thought perhaps it may be to do with plugins extensions on my browser but at least the ones i've found haven't made a difference

My computer is a 4 year old macbook running 10.58.

Many thanks in advance
Ewan

Reaction score
Perhaps you might have solve the issue but sometimes DNS setting can cause this behaviour. On my Mac I was unable to access several sites till I changed my DNS, which now works fine.

Ask a Question