Macbook Pro 13 inch screen keeps going blank or black, sometimes unable to reboot

Reaction score
I bought my laptop about 2 years ago, and the only real problem I've had with it was that I had to replace the trackpad a few months ago.
But now, starting about a month or two ago, it's been randomly crapping out on me, the screen goes blank, and the only thing I can do is hold the power button down and reboot it. Sometimes it just happens randomly, but usually it is because of a slight bump to the laptop, and I mean very slight in some cases. It seems to happen when somethings bumps the back-left side of the laptop (where the power plugs in), or if I lift the laptop with one hand by that side of the computer, however this could all just be coincidental.
Sometimes it'll work for a couple weeks at a time, and sometimes it'll happen several times in one day. Also, sometimes it takes me several attempts to reboot it before it'll work, and occasionally upon reboot the screen will just go black and I'll hear a beeping sound that repeats several times until I reboot again. Also, occasionally soon after reboot a message will appear on the middle of my screen saying that the laptop needs to be restarted.
I have no idea what's going on, and it's extremely frustrating, help?

Reaction score
Did you buy extended AppleCare?

Was the replacement trackpad done by an Apple Service Centre?

If the answer is yes to either of these take it back ASAP, before it does permanent damage or you loose important files.

Ask a Question