Macbook Pro wont stream to tv via HDMI

Reaction score
I've a late 2013 MBPro. Currently using El Capitan.
I want to stream from my MBP to my tv (2013 samsung smart).
When I insert HDMI cable the HDMI2 slot is activated but instead of streaming the tv screen stays black for a moment and then gives a message saying that it is not detecting any signal/input.
If I reinsert the cable both screens flicker as to acknowledge the connection but no data is flowing.
Help Please

Spawn_Dooley

Reaction score
Could be the HDMI cable ... difficult to say, can you possibly test another cable? Or your cable + MBP with another tv?

Reaction score
Do you have the power cord plugged into your laptop????

Yes- The power cord is plugged in.
For anyone reading this that might be working for apple I want to take this opportunity to say that I am sorry I ever switched to Mac.
I have access to a Windows 8/10 notebook that connects via hdmi to my tv w/no problem.
While MS seemed to go off the rails w/Windows 8 at least MS maintains a level of consistency.
I previously owned a notebook w/Ubuntu - open source fun, creative, but w/out the bells and whistles of Windows.
Windows 8 felt like a betrayal so on advice from less computer savvy friend I got a mac.
I enjoyed the learning curve but now I believe that Apple OS is an overpriced Ubuntu/Linux os x, full of promises but with even less productivity and control.
What audience is Apple aiming for? What is their goal when writing and updating their os?

Ask a Question