Macbook pro late 2011 blue screen

Reaction score
Hi. I cant seem to get my late 2011 macbook pro going. Im getting a blue screen when it boots or it shuts off when booting after my password.

Command R isnt working but command S gets me into command prompt. I also tried internet recovery but it just launches to a blue screen again

Apple MacBook Pro 17-Inch "Core i7" 2.4 late 2011​

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello,

Have you tried starting up in safe mode: Hold the Shift key down until you see the Apple logo.

C

Reaction score
Hello,

Have you tried starting up in safe mode: Hold the Shift key down until you see the Apple logo.

C
Yeah but doeant work. All of the command options either get blue screen or it just dies completely. Except single user mode, that works. I just dont know how to use it or what commands to type

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
OK...

That usually means the OS/drive is corrupted or the hard drive is mechanically failing.

Do you have a backup of your data?

C

Reaction score
OK...

That usually means the OS/drive is corrupted or the hard drive is mechanically failing.

Do you have a backup of your data?

C
No backups. I was hoping to find some old bitcoin but i guess it isnt possible. Any way to just do factory reset so i can at least sell it?

Ask a Question