Macbook Pro 13" (mid 2012) not charging (gettting orange light on charger)

Reaction score
I've searched for solutions but haven't found anything to help for my mid 2012 macbook pro 13'. Here's the history and what I've done thus far:
  • I recently replaced my old charger with a used I got on ebay. I do believe its Apple but it could be bad? I've been using it for a week thus far and its been fine.
  • Last night I left the laptop out without being plugged in. Now it won't star.
  • The Maglock on the charger will go green but not show orange like its charging.
  • I've tried holding Shift+Cntrl+Option and the power button for 10 seconds both with the power in, without the power adapter plugged in and with the battery disconnected from the logic board.
  • I'm currently leaving it disconnected as I've read that sometimes the CAPACITORS need to discharge fully for it to work by reseing the SMC
  • I've also had the same ole battery since I got the thing. I have half the mind to just buy a new one.
What do you guys think?

Reaction score
UPDATE: I left the battery unplugged for a while. Now its apparently charging. I won't count my chickens till they hatch but I'm optimistic.

Ask a Question