Macbook M2 pro 2022 overheating problem

Reaction score
Hello, I have a problem with my M2 MacBook Pro 13' 2022, Sonoma 14.4.1. When it's charging, it is extremely hot, and I think the fans aren't working. Is there any app you recommend to check the temperature or even activate the fans? I am also considering removing the cover to check if the fans are correctly connected. Any tips or tricks are welcome. Thanks

Reaction score
Depending on your environment you might be surprised at how much dust an fluff has accumulated. Having said that it's a pretty new device, I would be surprised if they're not working. You could try a simple, free utility called Fanny. It monitors speed and temp from the Menu bar. https://www.fannywidget.com/
That will tell you if the fans are working and the actual temp of the device internally. How it feels on the outside can be a little deceptive and it should get a little hot when charging, especially if it's being used.

Reaction score
Hey Rodananne, thanks. The problem is that isn't getting a little hot, but extremely hot when it's charging. I was thinking as well that it should have a lot of dust inside, that's why I was thinking of removing the back cover. I'll try the software, cheers.

Reaction score
1712734145900.png

I have installed fanny, and even when it's hot, the tools is showing greyed out as per my screenshot, it migh be that the fans aren't working. Will try mac fan control as well.

Reaction score
Yeah, that happened with me too. Macs Fan Control is better. I usually set it for CPU sensor but just Auto will tell you what’s going on.

Ask a Question