macbook component similar to windows 'my computer'

Reaction score
I know there's a way to find how much I have on my macbook hard drive, but I haven't found it. Please enlighten me! Thanks.

Reaction score
I know there's a way to find how much I have on my macbook hard drive, but I haven't found it. Please enlighten me! Thanks.

Salutations Tulipz. Click once on your hard drive's icon, press the Command - I keys on your keyboard and thou shalt be enlightened. :D

Reaction score
If you're seeking further enlightenment, click the Apple logo on the top left of your screen, click on "About This Mac" and then click on the "More Info" button. When the System Profiler's window appears, click on any of the items on the left and you will see information about that particular item to the right.

Spawn_Dooley

Reaction score
Walrus is spot on with his advice but I'd like to add that to view how much Hard Drive space you have left, launch a Finder window and look to the bottom section of it:

Reaction score
Hey Walrus and Spawn Dooley.
1. The hard drive/command/I mode is clear.
2. The Finder mode is easy.
3. The about this mac/info mode shows ram size and speed but not hard drive size. But with #s 1 and 2, I am set! Thanks!

Mac Happy,
Tulipz

Reaction score
Hey Walrus and Spawn Dooley.
1. The hard drive/command/I mode is clear.
2. The Finder mode is easy.
3. The about this mac/info mode shows ram size and speed but not hard drive size. But with #s 1 and 2, I am set! Thanks!

Mac Happy,
Tulipz

For step three you have to click on the "more info" button and when the system profiler's window pops up, click on "Serial-ATA" on the left of the window to show your hard drive's info. :)

Ask a Question