MacBook Air start screen white streak

Kai

Reaction score
I've bought this only last week and strange glitches have been appearing.

Sometimes, when I open my computer, there are light streaks on the side and when I log in, the white streaks are still there and the whole color scheme gets a little darker.

I found that it disappears after I close the computer and open it again, but I would really like to know what's the matter with it.

--------------
Also another really quick thing about my trackpad. It works fine in the left bottom corner, but on some other places such as the right side, it sort of squeaks and it frustrates me so much. Like I've just got it last week and it squeaks.

I called the place that we've bought it and they said that in their opinion, the service center wouldn't accept it because it's really just a squeak.

It's so annoying and it even hurts me a bit like this is a new computer and why are these things happening? Help please~!

Reaction score
Hi and welcome,

Sorry to hear about this trouble.
I've bought this only last week and strange glitches have been appearing.

Phone your nearest Apple store and book a GB appointment ASAP and take it in for the techs to see..
I called the place that we've bought it and they said that in their opinion, the service center wouldn't accept it because it's really just a squeak.
Dont know your location or the outlet you bought it from, but they are talking absolute rubish.:mad: No new Mac should be displaying the symptoms you describe. As I said take it to Apple and also tell them what the outlet told you.

Let us know results.

Kai

Reaction score
Hey so things are definitely better now.

After about an hour of intense battle with the salesperson, my mom managed to make the person amazingly guilty and stormed out of the shop. That was only necessary because the AS system in this country is so very bad (this isn't America).

For my trackpad, they said they needed to check if there's a problem with it or if I poured liquid in it (WHAT). Today they told me that I must've hit it really hard and all (which doesn't make sense again).

They told us that they had to check in with the glitches and it turns out that there was a problem with the drive or something. I don't know. Anyways so they gave us a new computer. The salesperson (this time a different one) told us that in his 10 years of selling computers, he'd never seen a computer with two defects.

Anyways I'm very happy with the results and I'm trying to see if the glitches are appearing again. (Though my mom is amazingly upset with Apple and probably won't buy another product from there :p) So thanks so much! :D

Reaction score
Hi,

Pleased to hear your result, but very dismayed about what your mum had to do to get there. If it had been a Apple outlet I am positive things would have been very different and pleasant, well that has always been my experience over the years dealing with Apple.
But again enjoy the new Mac.

Ask a Question