Macbook air not install os

Reaction score
I completely formatted the Macbook Air, now I do everything with the bootable flash, either it does not enter the recovery and gives error 1008f, or if it enters the recovery, it does not proceed from the flash during installation. I would be grateful if you could guide me.

Reaction score
When you go to enter the recovery there are 3 options depending on which keys you hold down.

Option 1. Command-R: macOS Recovery installed on your Mac.

Option 2. Option-Command-R: Latest version of macOS Recovery available for your Mac.

Option 3. Option-Shift-Command-R: The version of macOS Recovery that originally came with your Mac or the closest version that’s still available.

Since Option 1 will not work if you formatted the drive, try Option 2 or 3.

NOTE: Options 2 & 3 will require an internet connection since it pulls the recovery from Apple's servers.

Reaction score
I completely formatted the Macbook Air, now I do everything with the bootable flash, either it does not enter the recovery and gives error 1008f, or if it enters the recovery, it does not proceed from the flash during installation. I would be grateful if you could guide me.
Is your MBA a Silicon Mac? If so, shut down and then press and hold down the power key until until you are presented with the boot picker screen (list of bootable volumes). You will see an additional choice labeled Options. Click on that and it will bring you into Recovery. If it’s an intel Mac, you will have to go through the older process of using key combinations to get to Recovery.

Ask a Question