MacBook Air has been taken over by Adobe installer

Reaction score
When I try to shut down my computer, I get a message that says I can't do it because a program is running. It's caused by an Adobe Installer. It has spread to an older MacBook on the same network. Ideas? I have tried using Force Quit, but it shows up again when I try to do anything else

Reaction score
When I try to shut down my computer, I get a message that says I can't do it because a program is running. It's caused by an Adobe Installer. It has spread to an older MacBook on the same network. Ideas? I have tried using Force Quit, but it shows up again when I try to do anything else
Are you able to locate this “Adobe Installer” application file? Is it in your Applications folder? I recommend getting an application cleaner utility, e.g. AppCleaner, to cleanse your system of the rogue application. In the meantime, since you can’t seem to do any work with the Adobe Installer running, you have to disable it from starting up automatically.

Try starting in Safe Mode (restart and hold down the Shift key until you get to the login window). Once you log in, you will notice that your Mac is very sluggish. This is normal. Locate the Adobe Installer app and move it to the trash. Don’t empty the trash yet. Restart.

Assuming you now have the application cleaner utility, move the Adobe Installer from the trash, even just to the Desktop. Run the application cleaner so that it can locate all associated files, then delete.

Ask a Question