Mac Pro

Reaction score
So I have searched and I dont see anyone with this same problem. I have a Mac Pro running Tiger and and completely updated. It is connected directly into my airport base station. I also have a macbook running off of the wireless. The base station is functioning fine because both my macbook and iphone have good connectivity. My Mac Pro connectivity is SLOW... it takes forever to load websites and I have never had this problem before. Whenever i have had anything running slow before I have updated and it always goes back to normal but like i said I am completely updated. This started happening about a week or so ago when I installed the newest security update. PLEASE HELP

Ric

Reaction score
Hi there and welcome !

It is generally a very helpful forum ;-) (but real life sometimes comes first!)

have you fixed it ?

Or do you still need some help?

regards

Ric

Reaction score

Spawn_Dooley

Reaction score
Your MacBook Pro is wired, correct? Have you tried a different cable? Sorry if I've read your thread incorrectly ... was the connection that's slow, ever better in the past? Was this before you connected the MBP up? Have you contacted your ISP to see if they can look in their logs for any clues? This will help to narrow down the possibilities. Have you tried another user account on the MBP and another browser?

Go to this link and post back the results here:

Speedtest.net

Reaction score
Spawn,
Its not a macbook pro... Mac Pro, i tried a different cable and yes It was as fast as DSL can be. It isnt my ISP my wife is wireless off the same base station and she isnt having any problems... neither is my iPhone.

Ask a Question