Mac Pro Late 2013 Remote Power?

Reaction score
Is there a method to power on the Mac Pro Late 2013 (Trash Can) remotely through the keyboard? I have my Mac Pro on the floor, and bending down every time to power on can be a hassle. Is there any way to power on the Mac remotely (i.e. via the keyboard)?

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

No, unfortunately Mac desktops cannot be powered on via an external keyboard. You could always use the sleep function to leave it powered on and have the ability to wake it via a Bluetooth or wired keyboard.

C

Reaction score
I agree Cory - Not only that the Mac Pro (2013) should not be directly on the floor 1: Dust 2: heat - It should be slightly raised of the ground/base to keep the underside cool - the motherboard or Logic Board is at the base of this computer, and it should be kept cool.
Buy a 'round top' garden metal plant pot stand, that will raise it a couple of inches, so air flows underneath.
I find with an open hand, with the finger just touching the top, I can press the start button with the thumb.

Ask a Question