Mac Pro Does Not Recognize Lacie External Drive

Reaction score
I have been using a 1 T Lacie external drive with my iMac running OSX 10.6.8. Then I wanted to access the Lacie with my Mac Pro with OSX 10.7.5. Initially the Mac Pro "found" the Lacie, but each time it let the Lacie go, while claiming that the user (me) had disconnected the drive without properly ejecting it. (Slanderous.) Then eventually it stopped finding the Lacie at all and incidentally stopped issuing the disconnection warning. Meanwhile the iMac has no problem opening the Lacie.
I connected a 16G flash drive to the Mac Pro at the same USB port and with the same USB cable as I had used previously; no problems at all with the flash drive.
What is going on, and can the Lacie and the Mac Pro be friends?

Spawn_Dooley

Reaction score
So, the USB port/cable do work but let's eliminate all possible culprits, I would try another usb cable with the Lacie & also try another port.

Another thing you could try is whenever the Lacie becomes unmounted, have a look in Disc Utility and click the Lacie in the left column & use the 'Mount' button to see if it mounts then disconnects again.

Have you tried the Lacie with another Mac?

Ask a Question