mac osx 10.39...-wireless utility shows connected but firefox can connect to net

Reaction score
wireless utility shows connected but firefox cant connect to net

Hi I have an 'after the mac. wifi G54 sl wireless external card..that seems to be working, its connected to my BT home hub okay , geat signal.. but settings must have changed ,because when i try the assist me option in network under system preferences it has greyed out the option to clic on the airport/wireless card , so i cant specify how i log on . It was all working fine last week..we had a glitch with the router, its fine now the laptop works but my G4 has this problem of not getting going despite it seeing the router..please help if possible
thanks in advance
peter:confused:

running G4 with 0sx 10.39

Reaction score
Did the router come with a setup disk? if so plunk it in CD/DVD Drive and and go through setup.

I use a Belkin Wireless Router and you have to plug the Computer your installing on Ethernet connection into one of the hard wired ports on Back. before it will run.

Maybe your router's setup is the same way.

Also, while at it set a password. You don't want anyone joining you network for free unless you in a McDonald's or somewhere you want to give a free Wi-Fi connection.

Ask a Question