MAC OS X 10.5.8 -Uploading videos HELP!

Reaction score
Just bought a new digital video camera and took some photos and shot a few minutes and uploaded to my Mac. The photos went into Iphoto (just like with my regular digital camera) and I went looking for the video and found it in ALL MOVIES where my son has some videos stored. I can watch those. When I clicked on any of mine, nothing...just a black screen. I emailed my son (who's in Alaska now and doesn't have time to be on line to help me right now) and he said I can't open them with Quicktime and to use some other program.
I am so DUH when it comes to this stuff. I just want to be able to save videos I take and share them but I can't even see them. Can someone give me the steps or a link to a webpage with the steps involved in uploading and saving and sharing videos? Thanks for any help!!

Reaction score
Hello, I'm not sure what type of movie files that you're trying to open but you might want to try to open them with VLC Player . VLC Player will pretty much play anything you throw at it. :)

Reaction score
Thanks but I figured out the problem :)
My husband had the camera set on AVI when we were filming and it was supposed to be set on MOV. Now when I load the videos we take, it can be seen using Quicktime. YAY!

Reaction score
Good to hear. Just in case you have some AVI's that you want to view with Quicktime, here's a plugin called Perian that will allow you to do so.

Ask a Question