Mac OS X 10.4.9 frozen at startup

Reaction score
im not great with computer terms etc, and im not too good with mac, apologies.

my mac OS X 10.4.9 swordfish will not startup, it goes past the grey apple to the blue bar and blue screen. the bar fills but does not start.

a few weeks ago my mac said that my WINDOWS startup disc is full, so i changed the target disk to something else with lots of free memory.. cant remember what it was. it told me to restart, so i did and then the problem started.

taking it to a store will be quite difficult, i have tried using the 2 startup discs and a number of other keychain thingos. i have had no problems previously with it.

thankyouthankyouthankyou

Reaction score
From what you said, it seems like you have your Mac partitioned to start in Windows. Also, your saying that you selected the "target disk to something else" could be the problem.

Do you have your original Mac installation disk? If you do, then pop it in and re-start your Mac holding the C key down. When the regular screen shows up, you can release the key. After the Mac starts normally, go to the Apple menu and select System Preferences > Startup Disk. Select the one that says Mac OS X and click the re-start button. Your Mac should re-start using its Mac partition.

If that works, then I would say there might be something wrong with the Windows partition.

Ask a Question