Mac Mini Server Mid 2011- 2 Thunderbolt Displays

Reaction score
Just picked up a second 27 inch thunderbolt display and tried hooking it up to the Mac mini via piggyback, and have found that the server version doesn’t support two thunderbolt displays. Is there anyway to get around this? Tried hooking up a TV via the HDMI port and it scrambled the display on the first thunderbolt.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello,

Unfortunately, the Mac mini Server (Mid 2011) only supports the following:
Display Connection 1 - HDMI port or Thunderbolt digital video output
Display Support Support for one Thunderbolt display

Because it is a hardware limitation, I don't know of any way around it.

C

Reaction score
Got a HDMI to Thunderbolt 3 adapter, and a female to female T’bolt 3 joiner- already had a 2 to 3 adapter. Linked them all up and absolutely zero. HDMI port works (also when T’bolt port is active) as I can run an Acer monitor. Both Thunderbolts work as well. I give up, I’m going to buy another Mini (later one with 2 T’bolt ports) and try that. Mac used to be great for interoperability, now it’s worse than Microsoft/PC. Greedy sods.
if I’d known it’d be this much drama I would’ve just got a 27” iMac and a 27” 2nd monitor and saved all this kerfuffle. Thanks anyway for the assistance.

Ask a Question