Mac Mini boot problem

Reaction score
I just did a system update and did the restart. I got a message saying the installation wasn't successful and had to restart. From there I haven't been able to get past the light grey screen with the dark apple logo with swirling gear icon.
I have the 5 usb port intel Mac Mini running OSX 10.6.6.
I was unable to boot to safe mode. It would start the safe mode boot with the progress bar and get about a quarter of the way through the bar and then disappear going back to the standard boot screen.
I'm attempting to attach a photo I took of the command + V boot information that means nothing to me but I'm hoping might help someone here diagnose what's going on with my machine.
As an unfortunate side note, I'm unable to use discs in the dvd drive because at some point in the past it decided to just spit them back out every time I put something in there. So booting from the OSX disc is out of the question.
I'd appreciate anyone's help with this as I'm stumped.

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    126.8 KB · Views: 264

Ask a Question