Mac Mini - Bluetooth turn on randomly when browsing the web

Reaction score
Why is Bluetooth activating randomly when browsing websites, despite not having any extensions installed? I've found a temporary fix by connecting my keyboard and mouse via cables and occasionally swapping their ports. Additionally, disconnecting my AirPods from my devices seems to help. I've previously mentioned that I believe my Mac has been compromised. I regularly send reports to Apple about this issue. The only software I've installed outside of what comes with the Mac are Pixelmator and a game from Apple Arcade.

Reaction score
Why is Bluetooth activating randomly when browsing websites, despite not having any extensions installed? I've found a temporary fix by connecting my keyboard and mouse via cables and occasionally swapping their ports. Additionally, disconnecting my AirPods from my devices seems to help. I've previously mentioned that I believe my Mac has been compromised. I regularly send reports to Apple about this issue. The only software I've installed outside of what comes with the Mac are Pixelmator and a game from Apple Arcade.
By default, Bluetooth is turned on, and probably set as “discoverable.” That means any of your Bluetooth-capable accessories like your keyboard, mouse, AirPods, etc., will connect whenever turned on. You can manually disable Bluetooth on the Mac through System Settings.

Reaction score
It's good that you've found some temporary fixes, but it must be annoying to deal with this issue constantly. Since you're not running any extensions and have minimal extra software, it does sound odd. Maybe it's worth doing a thorough malware scan just to be sure? Also, keep those reports going to Apple, they might eventually pinpoint the problem.

Reaction score
If you really have no use for Bluetooth, you can turn it off (System Settings… > Bluetooth) and move the slider switch to the left to turn it off. You have to do the reverse if and when you need to use Bluetooth.

Ask a Question