MacMini-Sonoma 14.2.1 shows "ghost" mouse

Reaction score
After awhile my mouse shows this:

Ghost Mouse.png

Its a little green arrow in the upper-left and
under the arrow is my name (blocked out).

Anyone got any idea how to get rid of this?

Thanks!

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello,

Sorry for the delayed response.

That isn't something I have seen before.
  • Is the issue still happening?
  • Is it in any application or a specific one?
  • Do you have any addition screenshots or photos?
C

Reaction score
After awhile my mouse shows this:

View attachment 5018

Its a little green arrow in the upper-left and
under the arrow is my name (blocked out).

Anyone got any idea how to get rid of this?

Thanks!
It could be coming from a 3rd-party app running in the background. Try booting in Safe Mode to see if it will happen there. A macOS update might also fix the problem. The current version of Sonoma is version 14.3.1 (23D60), two updates since 14.2.1 (23C71). 14.3.1 is a definite improvement over 14.2.1 but still problematic. Since I had the latest beta version running on a couple of external “test” SSDs and running very well, I decided to bite the bullet and update my main drive to the beta version as well. I’ve never been happier. Of course, depending on the other processes you are presently running, you might experience problems too. I only did the update with comprehensive backups (two Time Machine volumes in addition to redundant Carbon Copy Cloner clones). But if you are a registered Apple beta tester, I would recommend it. Just know that downgrading can be quite daunting.

Ask a Question